NIAID Headquarters, Rockville, Maryland
- $131,300,804 in two separate tranches of lease-backed secured notes for the construction to permanent financing of a GSA lease in Rockville, Maryland.
- The financing supports the development of the 491,000 square foot build-to-suit headquarters for the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) – one of the institutes of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) – which is expected to be complete in April 2014.
- Bostonia structured and placed lease-backed secured notes backed by rental payment income in the private placement market to institutional investors.
- The NIAID Headquarters represents a “mission-critical” consolidation of agency operations that will ultimately house 2,575 NIAID personnel conducting and supporting basic, applied, and translational research to better understand, treat, and ultimately prevent infectious, immunologic, and allergic diseases.
- The project is located adjacent to the Health and Human Services operational headquarters in the innovative, mixed-use neighborhood of Twinbrook in Rockville, Maryland.
- The new headquarters building is being built to achieve LEED Core & Shell and LEED for Commercial Interiors silver certifications.